Words of the day | Day 17 | Everyday English Practice

 🧶 Words for Today

1. Text : Prescribed book for study.

2. Captivate : Charm.

3. Pretend : Claim falsely.

4. Rigmarole : Lengthy and complicated procedure.

"he went through the rigmarole of securing the front door"


📚 READING SESSION

How do I see myself.

The way we see ourselves has a profound impact on the way we live our lives and the way we relate to others. So, the question is how do I see myself - as my own sworn enemy or as my own best friend? If I am my own enemy, I am sure to go out feeling worthless and believing, deep inside, that others are going to treat me the same. When I am my own best friend, I go out feeling warmth for myself and, unconsciously, communicating the same warmth to those around. I know in my heart that I am precious as a person and that I am a gift to others; equally that those whom I meet are precious persons and that they are gifts to me. alpostures

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words of the day | Day 2 | Everyday English Practice

Words of the day | Day 52 | Everyday English Practice